We are taking measures to ensure that the wellbeing of all employees, students and suppliers is paramount during this global pandemic.
Official guidance from WHO and PHE is being monitored to ensure compliance and appropriate responses. All staff have been fully briefed with regard to appropriate practices to ensure the spread of the virus is minimised.
By maintaining rigorous cleanliness and hygiene standards across all of our sites we aim to minimise the spread of the virus.
Full Risk Assessments have been adopted and we are working with customers, families, carers and other third parties to ensure appropriate management of our practices and procedures.
Since 1996 we have recognised that adults who learn differently can enjoy increased independence, improved wellbeing and greater life choices through our vocational learning provision.
The cut-backs in free education courses through colleges has necessitated an alternative approach which led to the establishment of Community Prospects. We felt that it was crucial that the continued funding changes should not take away the significant progress that we had seen in 100’s of students since 1996.
We focus on encouraging learners to be more independent by:
- Increasing confidence through success
- Turning a ‘can’t do’ attitude into ‘a can do’ belief
- Empowerment to make greater life choices
- Fostering improved health and wellbeing
- Greater awareness of health and safety
- Personal and social development
- Team building
- Interaction with the community
- Learning through our Social Enterprises
Projects available include:
- Design and building bird boxes, bird tables, insect hotels, and hedgehog houses
- Working with The Wildlife Trust to install bird boxes in key breeding areas
- Craft and design
- Furniture restoration
- Car valeting
- Hospitality and catering
These projects will be available through various workshops depending on the location.
All learners will be supported by our trained, caring and experienced staff who will ensure safe and interactive environments.
All staff are fully DBS checked and we operate clear safeguarding and risk assessment policies and procedures.
- Flexible vocational learning focussed on increasing employability, life and social skills, as well as improving health and wellbeing
- Opportunities for problem solving and decision making
- Available from 2 to 5 days per week
- Practical, hands-on learning that is not academically demanding
- Learning in bite-sized chunks within the workshops
- Practical learning with some work focused activities and community interaction
- Person Centred learning focussed on the learner’s needs, capabilities and aspirations
- No pressure, no deadlines, no difficult workbooks
Timings and availability:
Workshops are open Monday to Friday 10.00am – 3.30pm
Learners can attend 2-5 days per week
Unit 3 Great Barr Business Park, Baltimore Road, Great Barr, Birmingham B42 1DY Tel:0121 308-6555
Tamworth Development College, Silica Road, Amington Industrial Estate, Tamworth B77 4DT Tel: 01827-311752
Who is it for?
- Anyone 16+ with a mild to moderate learning difficulty/disability, autism, brain injury or mental health
- Independent travellers
- Those who can work independently with 1 staff member present with minimal support in a group of up to 10 learners
- Those who can look after their own personal hygiene
- Those willing to participate in a wide variety of tasks and activities
- Those self-administering own medication with staff support (medication will be recorded and secured whilst with us)
- Learners will be responsible for bringing their own food and consuming independently within a group
Who is it not for?
- Adults 16+ with moderate to severe learning difficulties/disabilities and mental health
- Adults 16+ with severe challenging behaviours
- Adults 16+ with severe physical disabilities
For those learners not eligible for this provision, we have other day opportunities which may be appropriate under Skills Tank.
For more information please visit: www.skillstank.co.uk
We will complete a ‘holistic assessment’ in order to understand individual’s needs, abilities and aspirations to ensure appropriate activities are offered.
What is the cost?
The cost is £45 per day.
This is excellent value for money. We provide person centred learning opportunities that will lead to advancement in personal development and employability skills.
For a no obligation Information Pack please contact our Admissions/Transitions Team on 0121 308-6555 or click here to leave your details